Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Well it’s official! I’m going to be a MIL.

My oldest son asked his girlfriend to marry him yesterday and gave her a beautiful ring. I guess like father like son since my Dh gave me a ring on Valentine’s Day too, 24 years ago.

They didn’t set a date yet, but I’m thinking it will most likely be sometime this summer.
She has to graduate from high school and they need to find a place to live. My son still lives at home and as much as I love his girlfriend they are not living with us. We already have six people sharing one bathroom, and I really don’t think it would handle seven.

I’m very happy for them but it kinda makes me feel old. Before I know it I’ll be a grandma. Of course my Mom was already a grandma twice over by the time she was my age.

Oh and Happy Birthday to Me! Yes today is my birthday!

No comments: