Wednesday, June 21, 2006

dark days

It’s a dark day and I hate those.

I have at least one a month and I know it is hormone related but it sucks big time to feel like this.

Much of the day will be spent in tears. I don’t want to be with family, friends, or communicate with online friends. Friends? Hmmm I wonder if I actually even have anyone that I can really call a friend. Lots of acquaintances but how many would really consider me a friend? I want to be liked by people but feel as if I’m a neurotic, attention seeking, know-it-all that people don’t really like.

My kids hate me; I’m a horrible mom, a mediocre wife. I’m fat and can’t seem to make the long terms changes need to lose weight and keep it off.

On days like today I feel as my family would really be better off if I just went away and didn’t come back. I want to sit and eat chocolate and drink Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, hibernate in my room and bury myself in a good book that will take me away from my life.

I do things that are supposed to help; exercise at least 3 days a week and many weeks 4 or 5 days, use a natural progesterone supplement, take essential fatty acids these things have helped reduce the number of bad days but nothing seems to really help completely.

2 comments:

Jaci Burton said...

Of course you realize all those failures you feel are in your own mind and aren't reality.

You need a good strong support system and good friends who understand Pms days *g*. And a husband that lets you bitch and cry on his shoulder during the dark days. ;-)

Have you talked to your doc about this? I haven't had to deal with it in years because of surgery but I remember those days well.

Ick.

And big hugs!

Sherry said...

Thanks Jaci,

and yeah I know that it's just hormone induced crap.

As for the doctor thing ..... I uh would like have to actually go see her and I haven't been since the post op check last year.