Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 16 on the "diet"

I haven't posted weights or anything about the "diet" for a few days for several reasons.

#1 I didn't lose any weight and have actually gained some back

#2 Got up Thursday feeling really bad and today is really the first day I have felt pretty good.

When I got up Thursday I felt weak, fuzzy headed and like I had been really sick for a week. So I decided then and there that the diet was a failure and I was quitting. Well I didn't quit but I did increase my calorie intake and especially my fat intake. For several days I had noticed greater than normal hair shedding after my shower something that has happened before on really low fat diets. Also felt as if I was getting physically weaker every day and just riding my bike for 5 minutes was killing me.

To conteract those side effects and add some more calories I started having my smoothies for breakfast but have cut the protein mix and the olive oil in half, so there is 1/2 tbsp instead of 1 tbsp. Also have started including 2 oz of avocado as an afternoon snack.

The results are that I feel better but I've gained some weight back.
Weights: 7/11/10 250.04
7/14/10 248.8
7/15/10 248.6
7/16/10 248.6
7/17/10 249.0
7/18/10 250.0

Got up this morning ready to quit again after another weight gain but then I measured. And ta-da even with a minimal weight loss in the last week I have lost another 5.75 inches for a total of 14.25 inches in two weeks. I have decided to stick with the diet at the higher calorie limit and the added fat and see what happens this week.

No comments: