Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 25

Weight this morning 246.2

I was successful again yesterday in staying on track and only eating the food I brought with me to work, however yesterday afternoon was much more difficult than Friday afternoon. We have a room full of calorie laden snacks; cupcakes, pastries, candy bars and chips which all were very tempting. Then the temptation of all that candy the night charge nurse brought was extremely difficult and in the middle of a pep-talk telling myself I couldn't have any candy I had an epiphany. If I really want to be successful in not just losing my weight but keeping in off I have to make a major change in my mental attitude. It has to become "I chose not to" instead of "I can't" because if I chose not to then it is my choice. I am in charge, not the food, not my emotions or anything else. The focus has to be on good choices, getting to my goal and staying there.

I have decided to continue the HCG until this bottle of drops runs out or until I hit the 40 day mark. Then six weeks off the drops while increasing my calorie intake to around 1500 calories. Ideally I can easily maintain my weight or even loss a little more at that calorie level.

Another good side effect of the HCG is that my blood pressure is better than it has been in a long time.
Friday 117/75
Monday 107/75
According to the research that is temporary and once off the HCG blood pressures tend to rise. Hopefully with the lower weight not as high as before.

Next challeng: Mom's Lunch tomorrow with some of my homeschool friends. *sigh* We are going to Mazzios, so my plan is taking 2 tbs of my healthy salad dressing in a small container to eat salad with and no more than 1 small slice of pizza.

1 comment:

countryfun said...

That was somethin I noticed when I first quit drinkng coke and quit eating candy/sweets IE cake cookies pie ect.... Is that once I decided that it was my choice to be healthier and not my obligation to that after a few weeks I nearly lost all cravings for them.

By he way you are doing awesome and you should be very proud of yourself, I am proud of you.